Bulgogi Kimchi Pizza and Italian Korean Pasta
• 3-4 cups of pre-cooked bulgogi beef, chopped (recipe from episode 1)
• 2 cups, multi purpose flour and 2 cups, water for pizza base and 2 tbsp of olive oil
• 8-12 oz, cooked angel hair pasta or somen noodles
• 12 oz, kimchi salsa (recipe from episode 1)
• 3-4 oz, finely chopped sesame leaves
• 3-4 oz, finely chopped cilantro
• 1 cup, finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
• 2-3 cups of skim mozzarella cheese
• ½ piece of fresh English cucumber, sliced
• 3-4 sheets of roasted seaweed, cut into thin strips
Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
• ½ cup of tomato ketchup
• 2 tbsp of kochujang sauce
• 2 tbsp of sesame oil
• 1 tbsp of Splenda for added sweetness (optional)
• 1 tbsp of freshly minced garlic
• Salt and pepper
• 8-12 oz, cooked Somen or angel hair pasta
• 2 tbsp of sesame oil
• 2 tbsp of soy sauce (or bulgogi sauce)
• 1 tbsp of Splenda or sugar
• 4-5 oz of kimchi salsa
• For garnishing: sliced cucumber, finely chopped cilantro, bell pepper and roasted sesame seeds
• Prepare the pizza base in a bowl by mixing the flour, water and 1 tbsp of salt, creating a consistency of a pancake mix.
• Make the pizza sauce by mixing the PIZZA SAUCE ingredients.
• Next, heat up a skillet on medium-low heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
• When the skillet’s heated, add the pizza base mixture, using a ladle, from the middle and spread the mixture in circle, thinly around the skillet. Cover for 1 minute.
• Spread the pizza sauce all over the pizza base, leaving 1/4 inch plain around the edges.
• Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, followed by bulgogi beef and kimchi and with more cheese on top. Cover with a lid for about 1-2 minutes.
• Move the pizza onto a plate and add the other toppings – finely chopped cilantro, sesame leaves and seaweed strips.
• To make the pasta, boil the angel hair pasta or somen noodles in a pot of boiling water with salt and rinse in cold water when cooked.
• Add the noodles in a large bowl and add the PASTA ingredients and mix well. Move the content onto a nice bowl and garnish with cucumber, chopped sesame leaves, cilantro and bell pepper.
Make sure to tune into Cathlyn's Korean Kitchen: Korean Food Challenge this weekend on tvK24 Saturdays at 5:30pm and Sundays at 11am PST.
Host/Producer, Cathlyn’s Korean Kitchen
Cathlyn’s 3 C Rule – Cost, Convenience and Creativity